When I first got an e-mail account, the best thing ever was filling out those surveys that came into your inbox every day — you know, the really important life-altering questions like “one pillow or two?” to which I’d always answer “four.”
My first e-mail address was… wait for it… “cheerblonde03” and although I seriously considered naming my photography business Cheerblonde03 Photography, I instead chose the never-outdated combination of my first and middle names. Thank goodness. :)
So this morning, I checked out my old account (I can’t believe I still knew the password!) to see how many messages had been spammed to it since I last visited, and to see if I had any of those old surveys saved from my early e-mailing days.
I was greeted with 1,136 unread messages. And folders labeled things like “Cute Forwards” (the jackpot for old surveys!) and “Kasie” (crazy e-mails from my fun BFF) and “Jeff Short” (saved e-mails from my friend-turned-husband). Also, to my extreme enjoyment, I found an e-mail forwarded survey from my sweet husband…when he was 17 (and we were not yet married…or even dating). Ha! Check these out, from the keyboard of my love:
6. Sing in the shower? Uncontrollably
7. Sing on the toilet? Ughh… never even thought of that. I’ll have to try.
23. Who do you want to spend the rest of your life with? Some extremely beautiful, amazing, gorgeous girl who makes me happy and I can make her happy. (aww!)
29. How do you eat an Oreo? I put it in my mouth and chew.
Anyway, I know you’re all wondering what spurred this little blast from the past. :) I was “tagged” this week on my friend Eric’s blog (which you should start reading…hilarious and insightful! You’ll all want to be Eric’s friend after a few posts…). So the rules of this “tagging” are as follows:
– link to the person who tagged you.
– post the rules on your blog.
– write 6 random things about yourself.
– tag 6 people at the end of your post.
– let each person know he/she has been tagged.
– let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Okay, in the spirit of joining in the fun, here’s my list:
1. In third grade, we got to pick what we were going to be when we grew up, and I chose Figure Skating Champion. Never mind that I can’t even roller skate, hate ice skating and have horrible joints… :) Oh well, at least my best friend (the “Kasie” mentioned above) chose “Astronaut.”
2. I could live on Macaroni and Cheese. All varieties.
3. It’s not uncommon for me to cry at weddings. Your wedding. When I’m taking photos at the back of the aisle. Don’t worry, tear stains don’t show up on the photos. :) Weddings are just so beautiful!
4. If I had to move anywhere in the U.S. tomorrow, I’d pack my bags and head to North Carolina. I have no idea why. I’ve never been there, but I just imagine it as being this picture-perfect, charming, relaxed locale. Maybe it’s all of the Nicholas Sparks books I read several years ago, fueled now by the gorgeous images on the Millie Holloman photography blog.
5. I love movie previews. Usually, I forget what movie we actually went to see by the time the previews are over.
6. I didn’t plan on becoming a wedding photographer or starting my own photography business. In college, I was planning to be a high school English teacher, and then switched to public relations (which is what my degree is in). I am so blessed by this awesome gift… I have the best job and meet the best people. It’s more than I could have imagined!
No pressure to any of the following people, but I have to play the game by the rules. :) Here are the people I’m tagging: